We always stress to brush twice a day and floss regularly but did you wonder why flossing is such an important step to add to your dental routine?
Flossing is key to removing the plaque and tartar between your teeth that your toothbrush can’t reach.
About a whopping 40% of your teeths’ surface is not cleaned if you don’t floss. A build of plaque and tatar could cause cavities, tooth decay, gingivitis which could progress to periodontal disease.
Not great at flossing?
Here are 5 simple reasons why you need to up your flossing game!
1) By getting trapped food particles that can cause bad breath, flossing aides in minty fresh breath.
2) You miss 40% of your teeth’s surface by brushing alone, flossing gets to all the spots your missing which gives you a cleaner mouth!
3) Keeping your gums and teeth healthy is important to prevent gum disease which not only affects your oral health, but your heart health too! There is a strong connection between gum disease and heart disease.
4) If you’re a type-2 diabetic, flossing regularly can help by giving you an easier time regulating blood glucose levels.
5) if you’re currently pregnant or planning to, preventing gum disease through regular brushing and flossing can prevent poor outcomes in the health of your child as gum disease has an effect in pregnancy and the baby.
The list could go on but what it comes down to is that flossing is an important part of your dental routine and although it make a few extra minutes to do, it could make a huge difference to your oral health. So get flossing!