Just as there’s food that impacts your teeth negatively, there are foods that boost your oral health and give your teeth the care it needs. Here are some of those foods, group according to how they’ll give your teeth the care it needs!
Here’s a list of foods that works to strengthen your teeth and prevent tooth decay:
- Nuts, milk, lentils, and broccoli (contains calcium and phosphorus)
- chicken, fish and beans (contains protein)
- Black tea, water and seafood (contains fluoride)
Support Teeth and Gums
Supporting the structure of your teeth and the healthiness of your gums are very important in preventing problems later down the line. The below foods will help you out:
- King Mackerel, goat cheese, sweet potato and mango (contains Vitamin A)
- Citrus fruits, peppers, brussel sprouts and strawberries (contains vitamin C)
- Salmon, egg yolks, milk, red meat and tofu (contains Vitamin D)
- Potatoes, Bananas, tomatoes, coconut water (contains potassium)
- Seaweed, shellfish, beef liver (contains iodine)
Maintaining the pH balance will protect your teeth from getting cavities and also with reducing plaque. The following foods, in no particular order) are on the list because of their high contents of water:
Although epithelial cells can be found throughout your body, these cells also line your oral cavities to prevent damage. Here are some foods, containing vitamin B, that help with development of these cells
Antioxidants boost the immune system and fight off bacteria. Foods rich in Vitamin E are a great source of antioxidants. Here are just a few:
- Sunflower seeds
- Rainbow trout
- Red bell pepper
Eating healthy is not only good for your teeth, but your overall health too! Work these ingredients into your diet and see those teeth shine!
Need some dental work? Book with us today to get your teeth in tip-top shape!